Sep 4, 2020
Guest Name and Bio:
Dr. Nicole Beurkens
A unique combination of psychologist, nutritionist, and special education teacher, Dr. Nicole Beurkens, has over 20 years of experience supporting children, young adults, and families to improve brain function naturally. She is an expert in evaluating and treating a wide range of developmental and mental health issues in children and adults using food, targeted nutrients, and healthy lifestyle strategies. Dr. Nicole has a doctorate in Clinical Psychology, master’s degrees in Special Education and Nutrition, and is a Board Certified Nutrition Specialist. She is the Founder and Director of Horizons Developmental Resource Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and is a best-selling author, award-winning therapist, and published researcher. When she isn’t working, Dr. Nicole enjoys spending time with her husband and four children.
What you will learn from this episode:
1) What are some of the main things that can impact the brain health of a child
2) What nutrient deficiencies could cause problems with children and their behavior
3) Why it is important to consider the health of the family when trying to optimize the health of a child
4) What are some of the key tests that are helpful in evaluating the gut health and nutritional health of a child
5) What techniques and lifestyle measures have high yield in improving behavior and gut health for a child (and for the parents as well)
How to learn more about our guest:
Please enjoy, share, rate and review our podcast and help us bring the message about precision health care to the world!