Jun 26, 2020
Guest Name and Bio:
Dr. Raja Sivamani
Dr. Raja Sivamani is a board-certified dermatologist as well as an Ayurvedic Practitioner and hosts the wellness platform Jiva Factory and has two clinics Pacific Skin Institute and Zen Dermatology. He focuses on general and integrative dermatology including medical, surgical, and cosmetic services with training in bioengineering, Allopathic and Ayurvedic medicine. He merges modern research and science with a personalized approach to each patient. His training in Ayurvedic medicine lets him take a more humanistic approach to patient care, science, and research. Dr. Sivamani has over 110 peer-reviewed publications and a textbook on cosmeceuticals. He leads many clinical studies that focus on the impacts of foods, nutrition, the microbiome, and the gut-skin axis as well as studies on standard Western medications and devices.
What you will learn from this episode:
1) How to keep your skin healthy during COVID-19
2) The connection between nutrition and skin health
3) The connection between gut health and skin health (gut-skin axis)
4) How to use concepts of Ayurveda to optimize skin health
5) Common skin conditions being diagnosed during the COVID-19 pandemic
How to learn more about our guest:
@jivafactory and @raja_sivamani
Please enjoy, share, rate and review our podcast and help us bring the message about precision health care to the world!